chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

I have two new singer machines I am using first time and am

Customer Question

I have two new singer machines I am using for the first time and am having a problem with the underneath stitches. I can sew maybe ten inches of perfect stitches and then the machine jams and the underneath stitches become loose and irregular. I noticed both machines came heavily oiled and the stitches are on beige thread are grayish black. Please advise. Thanks
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, if you have problem on underneath. The cause is you upper tension maybe loose or tight. Try to clean you upper tension disc using scrap fabric, just move forward/back in between of the disc. Also try to adjust the tension until you got the right tension for your stitches.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thanks for your attempt to help me but your answer did not resolve my issue. Since I was referring to two new machines and I was asking about the thread having oil/grease on it. I needed to know if that was causing irregular bottom stitches. Your response was very basic and I do not want to pay $39.00. I am willing to pay $15.00 for your answer. Please credit my credit card to reflect a total charge of $15.00 and not $39.00. Thanks.