General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Trying to open a Brinks safe. The safe is the 5059, and I have the key and the combination, but can't figure out how...

Customer Question
Trying to open a Brinks...
Trying to open a Brinks safe
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: The safe is the 5059, and I have the key and the combination, but can't figure out how to rotate the numbers correctly
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: General
6/20/2016
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello and welcome to JustAnswers,

Quite a common problem with this particular safe as below is the turning sequence for the Brinks 5059:

TURNING SEQUENCE
1. Start with turning the dial to zero.
2. Turn the dial to the RIGHT, passing your first combination number FOUR
times and stopping at that number on the fifth time around.
3. Turn the dial to the LEFT, passing your second combination number TWO
times and stopping at that number the third time around.
4. Turn the dial to the RIGHT, passing your third combination number ONE time
and stopping at that number the second time around.
5. Turn the dial to the LEFT, to the last combination number and STOP.
6. Insert the key in the cylinder lock and turn RIGHT to open.

Your safe should now open.

If the safe still does not open after trying this sequence of turns, then contacting Brinks directly would be the way to go as they have a very good customer service department. Contact info is now handled by Honeywell:

Honeywell customer support at(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that the information provided is helpful in getting the safe open again. If you could take a moment to rate my assistance so that I know my help was useful and allow me to receive credit for helping you today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian