General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

If I have a chemical substance and I add another chemical

Customer Question
substance,compound,or molecule to the original...
If I have a chemical substance and I add another chemical substance,compound,or molecule to the original chemical substance; does that change the chemical substance and make it a new chemical substance or is it considered substantially similar to the original chemical substance?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: General
6/5/2016
Expert: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 1 year ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs

Hello, Customer and welcome.

Can you name the the two chemical substances that you will be mixing?

Thanks,

Cher

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not really I talking about any chemical substance, For example crack and cocain, Crack has cocain in it but is not considered substantially similar to cocain.

Hi, again and thanks for your very helpful reply.

Please allow me a little time to research this for you.

Thanks,

Cher

Hi again,

When you have a chemical substance and you add a different chemical substance to it, you're creating a new chemical compound (because it's made of more than one chemical substance), but, the new chemical substance may have qualities that are substantially similar to the original chemical substance, although the original one may have been altered in various ways, due to the addition of the other.

I hope that helps.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue at no additional cost.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

Hi again,

I'm taking it that your response of 'OK' means that you found my answer helpful, so could you please select a positive rating from the ratings box that should be on the top of your page, with either stars or smiley faces? Thank you so much! This is the only way in which I receive credit for my assistance.

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO OK meant I would give you more time to answer the question.

Thanks for your reply.

I already sent your answer, before you responded 'OK.' Did you not receive it? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Cher

Just in case my answer didn't make it to you, I will resend it, here:

Hi again,

I hope that helps.

Warmest regards,
Cher

----------------------

Please let me know when you receive this. Thanks!

Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs