Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

If I have a chemical substance and I add another chemical

Customer Question

If I have a chemical substance and I add another chemical substance,compound,or molecule to the original chemical substance; does that change the chemical substance and make it a new chemical substance or is it considered substantially similar to the original chemical substance?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Customer and welcome.

Can you name the the two chemical substances that you will be mixing?

Thanks,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really I talking about any chemical substance, For example crack and cocain, Crack has cocain in it but is not considered substantially similar to cocain.
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi, again and thanks for your very helpful reply.

Please allow me a little time to research this for you.

Thanks,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

When you have a chemical substance and you add a different chemical substance to it, you're creating a new chemical compound (because it's made of more than one chemical substance), but, the new chemical substance may have qualities that are substantially similar to the original chemical substance, although the original one may have been altered in various ways, due to the addition of the other.

I hope that helps.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue at no additional cost.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I'm taking it that your response of 'OK' means that you found my answer helpful, so could you please select a positive rating from the ratings box that should be on the top of your page, with either stars or smiley faces? Thank you so much! This is the only way in which I receive credit for my assistance.

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO OK meant I would give you more time to answer the question.
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply.

I already sent your answer, before you responded 'OK.' Did you not receive it? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Just in case my answer didn't make it to you, I will resend it, here:

Hi again,

I hope that helps.

Warmest regards,
Cher

----------------------

Please let me know when you receive this. Thanks!