How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 109
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get a copy of a two-page spread that appeared in

Customer Question

I need to get a copy of a two-page spread that appeared in Architectural Digest sometime after 1985, the year I bought a table featured in the two-page spread. I bought the table from Roche-Bobois in Boston. The salesperson was Gina Freeman who is no longer with Roche-Bobois. I don't know how to find her and may not need to. I have the original sales slip. I paid about $3300 for the table then; new today it would cost far more. The tabletop is an 8.5' red granite slab; at one end, it is deliberately slashed at an angle. The table originally rotated on its base, but I no longer have the hardware to enable that and wonder if I can buy the hardware somewhere. The granite slab has two supports, both placed in the middle of the table next to one another. One is a cylinder of Carrera marble. The other is close to the shape of a parallelogram and is made of slate. Slate was a poor choice because it chips easily, even with ordinary use. I am now having to replace the slate with something stronger, perhaps granite or an interior with a granite cover, but still black and in the same shape as the original. I am open to suggestions about what to use to replace the slate, which broke badly enough to require replacement. In addition to the photo in Architectural Digest, I have one advertising piece (perhaps from Roche-Bobois, but still better photos of my own. In Architectural Digest, the table was shown with the same chairs I selected, but bought independently; it was interesting to see that designers had come up with the same look I had. I would like to be able to send you photos and would appreciate instructions on how to do so. I would appreciate knowing the value of the table today, both with and without the rotating mechanism.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~ For photos, there may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: ~OR~ You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.





I have more photos if you need them. EBSCO seems to have Architectural Digest's archives covering the likely photo. I couldn't get through to Arch. Digest by phone.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Somehow the images are not showing with a live link here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, did you already get the photos I sent?

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have not yet received any images. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I received your images, though I have not found a match to the article in Archtectural Digest that you seek. I have not found a match to this for you. I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out I do hope you find the information. ~Nora
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising furniture since 1970.Can you post a photo of this?1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I have researched this and can't find a match I will opt out of this and open this question to others.Thanks,Wayne

Related General Questions