General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

What is a pea error message mean

Customer Question
What is a pea error message mean
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: General
5/11/2016
Expert: BestOne1943,
 replied 1 year ago
BestOne1943
I need some help with your question. PEA sounds like it is some sort of printer error, but you need to tell me what model and brand of register the question pertains to. There are many out there. I would like to help and may be able to but also what happened RIGHT BEFORE THIS ERROR APPEARED?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I have a sam4s er 180T cash register. Today I went to do a z reading and I noticed I was running out of paper. I changed the paper and now register won't acknowledge paper change or do anything else.

Expert: BestOne1943,
 replied 1 year ago
It sounds as though the register has lost memory. Did you install batteries in the beginning? Page 15-18 in the manual show how to start it up. First is RAM Clear. hold the Charge key down, unplug it, turn the control lock to the 6 o'clock position. Olug it bck in holding the charge key for several seconds. Now press the upper left key on the keyboard, then the lower left, then the upper right and finally the lower right key.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago

That did not work. Nothing happened after I completed that.

Expert: BestOne1943,
 replied 1 year ago
Did you install batteries in the beginning? Did the RAM clear work? Are you positively sure the lid on the printer is closed all the way?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I did not install batteries in the beginning. I've had it over 5 years. Can you explain?

Expert: BestOne1943,
 replied 1 year ago
The memory, program and settings are protected by some AA batteries under the detail takeup roll. If they were not present, this caused all memory to be reset during a recent power failure....I am sorry to be the one to tell you of this but this is the first thing needed to get it running again, if at all.I will try to help you get going but first put in a set of batteries & try the procedure above. If that works, hen your display will say "Closed". Now enter "1" and the clerk key, to sign on #1 clerk. Let me know."
Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I just put the batteries in. I tried the procedure but it didn't work. I will try again. I tried the initial clear and the other one in the manual. No good.

Expert: BestOne1943,
 replied 1 year ago
Procedure didn't work is too vague. Lets try this again.Key in 6 o'clock position, hold down the charge key, remove power, wait 5 seconds re apply power while still holding the charge key down. Now do you have 0.00 on the display? If so, press the feed key the tax/space key, the calc key and then the Cash key. This should issue a ticket and turning the contr. key back to register, will result in "closed" being displayed. Be specific and tell me what happened, not just that it didn't work.I really want to help you, but we still are seeming to go in a circle.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I did exactly that and no 00 showed up

Expert: BestOne1943,
 replied 1 year ago
Procedure didn't work is too vague. Lets try this again.Key in 6 o'clock position, hold down the charge key, remove power, wait 5 seconds re apply power while still holding the charge key down. Now do you have 0.00 on the display? If so, press the feed key the tax/space key, the calc key and then the Cash key. This should issue a ticket and turning the contr. key back to register, will result in "closed" being displayed. Be specific and tell me what happened, not just that it didn't work.I really want to help you, but we still are seeming to go in a circle.I guess he main logic board has failed, you never answered he question about the printer lid.... If it is snapped i
Expert: BestOne1943,
 replied 1 year ago
into place then the hardware has failed. I can send a replacement,(###) ###-####
Ellen, Consultant