Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729
Type Your Question Here...

Need help with a brother cs6000i please

Customer Question

hello...need help with a brother cs6000i please...case was opened by previous owner.  The needle bar assembly does not appear aligned and now hits the feed dogs and bobbin case.  need help to make sure all is put back correctly.

Category: General
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,See pages 4,6 and 8 of the following guide which show how the parts all go back together.Ensure each part is fitted in the correct sequence.http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocuments/Technical/Parts%20Manual/PM_CS_6000_6000B_6000i_6000T_SM_6500PRW_EN_6571.PDF
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Pete. Thanks for the response. I already have this parts list and it doesn't help.

I may not have explained correctly. The case was opened...that's it....lint was cleaned out...nothing was touched or adjusted. When the case was put back together, at some point the needle assembly moved into a different position. Apparently there is some sort of reset that needs to be done to have the assembly reset itself into the correct postion. The needle assembly is too far forward and hits the bobbin case and feed dogs. I can send a pic if needed. thx