Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I have a brinks home safe with combination an d key. I put

Customer Question

I have a brinks home safe with combination an d key. I put the key in this morning and tried to turn it like usual but it only turned a little and now is stuck in . I have the combination but the dial wont tuen with the key stuck in it. what do I do??
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: We often use the key and take things in and out so i was surpried it diddnt work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome. I'm sorry you're having a problem with your safe and the key.Spray a little WD-40 into the keyhole and see if this loosens up the key and gets it unstuck. Hopefully, it will; however, there may be something wrong with the key or lock (the key might be a little warped or the keyhole may be worn), so it would be a good idea to have a local locksmith or safe technician take a look at it or contact the manufacturer. Brinks is now owned by Honeywell and you can reach their Customer Service here, if you need a new key or a certified technician to come out:1- 877- 841- 2840 -------------I wish you much good luck with your safe! Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue at no additional cost.Best regards,Cher