A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

Information on a Kimball reed organ serial number 347153 JA:

Customer Question

Information on a Kimball reed organ serial number 347153
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I think it was made in the 1800 time period. It has a single key board 11 stops, 2 foot pedals ornate upper wood cabinet sliding key board cover and 2 knee boards
JA: Anything else I can tell the Expert before I connect you two?
Customer: It still plays
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and connect you two.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.
Hello, According to Kimball, serial numbers 339343 through 350268 were made in 1910, so it was probably made in the last quarter of 1910. The company wasn't founded until 1857, and didn't begin assembling its own reed organs until 1877, so yours couldn't have been made around 1800. There isn't a lot of demand today for reed organs, and the biggest seller is Ebay with most going for less than $500. Best regards, Schuyler~
Hello, I see that you have not yet viewed the answer I gave a week ago. I hope there is nothing wrong. Best regards, Schuyler~