Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Cash Register Brand = Sam4s Model = ER-390M, but

Customer Question

I have a Cash Register Brand = Sam4s Model = ER-390M, but have a problem with NLU's #6 and NLU #7. When programing 1000 [sub total] key, when I program NLU #6 to say PLU29, #7 also changes and updates, so NLU #6 & #7 are always the same. How do i fix this problem so NLU #6 and #7 point to different PLU's
Category: General
Expert:  BestOne1943 replied 1 year ago.

I have a couple of questions, are you just now starting to use the reg.? If using it before, what happened to change this. My first thought is that there may be a hardware problem but to prove it we must restart the system as if taking it out of the box for the first time. Do you have the manual for the 390?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have users manual

Have you tried to RAM Clear it yet? It will destroy any programming done before and all totals, that's why I asked the first question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, tried a RAM clear, and took a day reprogramming.

There must be a fault in the memory module. Csn you program around it , say by using very different number of PLUs? Leave 6 & 7 and go on to other PLUs, even if you have to manually enter them...