Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729
Type Your Question Here...

Godd after noon. I am using Brother Innov'is - 900. I am not

Customer Question

Godd after noon.
I am using Brother Innov'is - 900. I am not new to machines. I have been using one or the other famous brands from 40 years for domestic /Personal purpose. I cleaned the bobbin cover area and removed all the lint & dust. But it has been continuously DISPLAYING "SAFETY DEVICE ACTIVATED" note. and the machine is getting jammed. It is my humble request with you to kindly help me.
Category: General
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The INNOVIS 900 has a safety cut-out to prevent motor damage caused by overstraining - usually a result of a thread or fabric jam.

Check in and under the hook/bobbin case, and around the top shaft at the mechanism driving the takeup lever (top thread puller...that little arm moving up/down). You will need to get inside the machine to check both regions completely.
--------------------------
If both regions are clear, then the machine "thinks" that there is a jam, and this would likely be caused by a faulty sensor which is not a DIY fix unfortunately, so the machine would have to go in for repair.