General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

How many $Bn per year 2015 is the new construction

Customer Question
Residential Lumber Building Materials industry...
How many $Bn per year 2015 is the new construction Residential Lumber Building Materials industry in USA?
How many $Bn per year 2015 is the new construction Residential drywall industry in USA?
How many $Bn per year 2015 is the new construction Residential Insulation Industry in USA?
How many $Bn per year 2015 is the new construction Residential asphalt shingle industry in USA?
How many $Bn per year 2015 is the new construction Residential gutter industry in USA?
How many $Bn per year 2015 is the new construction Residential moisture wrap industry in USA?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
3/14/2016
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Interesting research question as offered to tackle some of the statistics available. Much though of what you have asked for are found in very expensive forecast reports that are prices in the 100K market. I then when ahead to see what is available via the internet looking at stats from other sources as well as press releases in the housing industry. Information on what I could find was listed below:

1. new construction Residential Lumber Building Materials industry in USA?

Answer:

Lumber demand for new residential construction is forecast to increase from an estimated 10.98 billion bd. ft. in 2014 to 13.61 billion bd. ft. in 2015.

http://www.building-products.com/December-2014/Lumber-Markets-to-Continue-Rebound-in-2015/

2. new construction Residential Insulation Industry in USA?

Answer:

US demand for insulation is forecast to rise 6.6 percent annually through 2019 to $10.3 billion.

http://www.sprayfoam.com/foam-news/us-demand-for-insulation-to-exceed-10-billion-in-2019/2508

3. new construction Residential asphalt shingle industry in USA?

Answer:

Demand for asphalt used to make roofing and other building construction products is forecast to rise 3.7 percent annually to 7.2 million tons in 2019

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-asphalt-market-300129685.html

Michael, thank you for your sincere effort. I will give you $10 for trying. How do I do that. I have all that info and more. I had hoped someone on JA site had a membership to one of those info sites so. JA is who suggested the Q price, not me. I can pay more but $100 with tip is too much.

Not sure any expert will have these reports as they are quite expensive and can run in the thousands. Usually market research companies compile these studies and those in the building industry will purchase some but not all of them. It will be very difficult to find someone who has access to all of these reports. Very kind of you to wish to rate my assistance as this will give me the knowledge that I did give an honest attempt as well as allow me to assist other customers such as yourself.

Librarian Michael

Mike this is what I found for your future reference. Please refund money. TY
The Construction Wood and Steel Industry 2015: $34Billion.
The residential lumber industry for construction is $22Billion. It includes Floor framing, Structural wall framing, Roof framing, Stair framing, Front porch framing (http://www.ibisworld.com/industry/default.aspx?indid=2023). The only part Heart Craft will not include is Nonstructural wall framing. The Steel framing industry is $12Billion http://www.ibisworld.com/industry/default.aspx?indid=204
Insulation market 2019: $10.3Billion
Demand will rise 6.6 percent annually through 2019 . Freedoniagroup.com study #3332 page 353
The global insulation market is expected to reach USD $67.16Billion by 2020, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing consumer awareness regarding energy conservation is expected to remain a key driving factor for global insulation market. Fiberglass is also expected to witness the highest growth of 9.1% from 2014 to 2020. https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2015/11/02/782272/0/en/Insulation-Market-Size-Will-Grow-To-67-16-Billion-By-2020-Grand-View-Research-Inc.html
Residential construction was the leading application segment and accounted for over 50% of the total market revenue in 2013. Growing awareness regarding energy conservation related to thermal insulation is expected to drive segment growth over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific was the leading regional market and accounted for over 40% of global revenue in 2013. Increasing construction spending, particularly in China, India, and Indonesia, is expected to support regional growth over the forecast period.
The industry is highly fragmented with the top four participants Rockwool, Saint-Gobain, Johns Manville, and Knauf and accounted for over 25% of the overall revenue in 2013. In August 2014, Knauf Gips KG acquired Guardian Insulation. The transaction includes Guardian Fiberglass and Guardian Laminated Building Products. Guardian Fiberglass would be incorporated with Knauf Insulation, while Guardian Laminated Building Products would become Sivercote LLC.
So Petra is currently a mouse of a company while the Insulation industry is $7.5B huge cat: Corning Pink Panther. How is Petra going to accomplish this David vs. Goliath feat?
https://youtu.be/gRQcZmvzMic?t=1m55s - 2m35sSheetrock Industry: $50Billion
The market for drywall, also known as gypsum board, is enormous: The average new home in the United States contains more than 7 tons of it, Sierra says. Heart Craft will have less than ½ ton for embodied energy and carbon purposes. (http://www.ibisworld.com/industry/default.aspx?indid=192)
Because up to 17 percent of drywall is wasted during the manufacturing and installation processes, and the drywall material is rarely re-used, disposal has become a problem. Some landfill sites have banned the dumping of drywall. Therefore, used drywall and gypsum are often dumped into the ocean where it may cause harm to sea life. The EPA regulates this ocean dumping by permit. Most manufacturers with an environmental concern take back the boards from construction sites, and burn them at high temperature to eliminate the paper and bring the gypsum back to its initial plaster state. Recycled paper is sometimes used during manufacturing. (http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Drywall)Roofing Industry US: $21.4Billion
US demand for roofing is projected to advance 3.9 percent annually to 252 million squares in 2019, valued at $21.4 billion. Asphalt shingles will remain dominant while roofing tiles, metal roofing, and plastic roofing will grow the fastest. The new building construction market will outpace reroofing, and residential roofing demand will outpace nonresidential. (http://www.freedoniagroup.com/Roofing.html)Exterior Vapor Barrier Industry 2016: $2B
Based on $1K average per home x 1M new homes + commercial projectsExterior Siding Industry 2018: $12.1Billion
Vinyl Siding Industry #1
Vinyl siding continues to be the top cladding choice for homebuilders and remodelers but fiber cement is gaining ground — at an alarming rate to some PVC extruders — followed by stucco and brick. Fortunately for vinyl siding manufacturers, overall siding demand is expected to increase by 7.1 percent a year to 103.5 million squares in 2018 with a total value pegged at $12.1 billion by the Cleveland-based market research firm Freedonia Group Inc. http://www.plasticsnews.com/article/20140729/NEWS/140729914/vinyl-sidings-lead-slips-but-industry-pushing-back
Fiber Cement Siding #2
US demand for fiber cement products is forecast to grow 6.0 percent annually through 2019 to 2.9 billion square feet, valued at $2.2 billion. Rebounding construction expenditures, specifically in new housing construction, will fortify demand. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-fiber-cemen
Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian