General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I have an inquiry, we are searching vuillaume cello that…

Customer Question
I have an inquiry...

I have an inquiry, we are searching for a vuillaume cello that belonged to my mother; it was taken from her after her parents died and sold as part of their estate. I have looked for a way to put out a message hoping someone can give us some clues of where to look. The executor of the estate has died and there is no paperwork available. It was an estate of my grandparents who lived in Dalas, Texas. We think it was brought out to California for an appraisal. Thanks

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

My grandfather bought the instrument from a french war bride back in the late 1940s or early 1950s.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
3/9/2016
Expert: Glenda B., Internet Researcher replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Internet Researcher

Hello

We are an online appraisal site, we have no way of searching for this.

Glenda

what a rip off
It says doctors, lawyers, mechanics on the site--are those appraisers too? just answer does not denote that this is only an appraiser. also where do i click to put in my review of this "service"?

Hello

You picked an appraisal category when you put in your question. You do not have an appraisal question you said

" we are searching for a vuillaume cello that belonged to my mother; "

I let you know, this is the appraisal category, not research. We value items we do not look for people's lost items.

.

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

.

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>

I am opting out so you can have customer service move this to the research category not appraisals.

Glenda

Expert: Andy4712, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Andy4712
Andy4712, Consultant

Can you find out what law firm was used to probate the estate? Maybe you can try to get to file to see who bought it. You can search the internet. They are for sale on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/vuillaume-violin

Without any specific markings how are you going to know it was their cello?

Thanks for responding-- that is a very good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of contacting the attorney before. My grandparents kept the cello after my mother married, but right before they both died (within 24 hours of each other) they told her she could have it back. However, Mother's siblings insisted that it be sold as part of the estate (since it was valuable). We would love to make contact with the current owners, perhaps the instrument is being played in an orchestra that we may be able to travel to and hear it being played.
I had just thought that if we put out some feelers for who might have purchased a vaillaume cello from the estate in dallas, tx, at that time it might get some results.

You might find it. If you get lucky. I would contact the law firm. Maybe they still have the records about it. Good luck.

If you think I answered your question, then please accept my answer. Thank you.

Andy4712
Andy4712
Andy4712, Consultant