Jennifer Sheffer
Jennifer Sheffer, Internet Researcher
Experience:  researcher
68269273
Type Your Question Here...

Where can I find a place that buys antiques?

Customer Question

where can I find a place that buys antiques?
Category: General
Expert:  Jennifer Sheffer replied 1 year ago.

Most dealers will offer 40% of value, so it is best to consign your antiques to your local auction house. You can fins a local auctioneer by using the Google search and using 'auctioneer in New York' for example. That will give you an idea of the closest auction house. You can also go to liveauctioneers.com and search by state to find a good auctioneer. They would sell your items then give you a check in 14 to 45 days for the hammer price minus a 15 to 20 percent commission. All auction houses have slightly different terms.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I see that you have read my answer. Let me know if you need to know anything else associated with your question.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.