General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

VACATION ADVICE ,ENTERTAINMENT ADVICE. YORK CITY. 4 ADULTS…

Customer Question
VACATION ADVICE ,ENTERTAINMENT ADVICE...
VACATION ADVICE ,ENTERTAINMENT ADVICE . FOR NEW YORK CITY .
4 ADULTS ONETEENAGER .
LOOKING FOR GREAT HOTEL $150 ANIGHT TOPS AND LOCATION FOR A MEDIUM BUDGET .
ALSO SOME MUST SEE ITEMS WHILE THERE. 4 FULL DAYS AT THE END OF THE MONTH .
THANKS
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
3/6/2016
Expert: A. Schuyler, Research Analyst replied 2 years ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst

Can you provide exact dates for check-in and check-out?

How many rooms would you require?

we are leaving thursday night 8pm the 24 and returning the 29th 9 am .
i would like to just get one large room or guest cottage or something to try to save some $$

Most hotels in New York City limit occupants to two adults. Children can be accommodated in existing bedding, but no cots, etc. can be added. The rooms are small and there just isn't room for more bedding. The cheapest thing I found in New York City was $150 per night for one room.

If you can go outside the city (CT, NJ) the rates are somewhat lower. Would you consider a B & B? I found a couple for about $85-95 per night for two people, but they aren't downtown.

sure b and b would work,
i would aslo stay in queens or any other burrow .
i just dont want to have to rent 3 rooms for 5 days ,
; also what hotel did you find for the $150.
thanks for your help .

If you're willing to stay in Secausus, NJ (4 miles from NY City center), here is a possibility where you'd only need one room (La Quinta Inn and Suites):

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?q-room-0-child-0-age=7&FPQ=3&WOE=2&q-localised-check-out=03/29/16&WOD=4&q-room-0-children=1&pa=2&tab=description&JHR=6&q-localised-check-in=03/24/16&hotel-id=127988&q-room-0-adults=4&YGF=14&MGT=5&ZSX=0&SYE=3

It's actually closer to the city center than staying in any of the boroughs.

Here's one in Bergen, NJ,(Holiday Inn Express) just 3.1 miles to Times Square:

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?q-room-0-child-0-age=7&FPQ=3&WOE=2&q-localised-check-out=03/29/16&WOD=4&q-room-0-children=1&pa=12&tab=description&JHR=6&q-localised-check-in=03/24/16&hotel-id=206486&q-room-0-adults=4&YGF=14&MGT=5&ZSX=0&SYE=3

Keep in mind that hotel taxes in the New York area are nearly 15%, and they will add on about $10 per day for a cot for the child.

When I'm looking for a hotel, I always try trivago.com first They will find the cheapest alternative that matches your needs. Do always pick a hotel that offers free breakfast. It will save you at least $10 per person per day.

As for what to do, don't miss the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, a walk around Times Square, Central Park, Bronx Zoo, the Chrysler Building if you're interested in architecture (it's beautiful), Empire State Building, the Museum of Modern Art. For lunch, don't miss a hot dog at any of the street vendors. Delicious, and it's the cheapest meal in town. Plan to have your biggest meal in the middle of the day. Most restaurants serve the same food as they have at dinner, but the prices are considerably lower.

I hope this helps some. Have fun on your trip.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~