General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Trying to figure out my dead fathers ssn I'm feeling out…

Customer Question
Trying to figure out...

Trying to figure out my dead fathers ssn I'm feeling out paper work for college but can't figure out the middle two number :(

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

How would I do that

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
3/3/2016
Expert: Mr. Gregory White, Teacher replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White

Hello, my name is Greg.

Unfortunately this is not as easy as it used to be....

Is there anything in your, or your family, possession it might be on (old tax forms, old passport, etc) - if not, you will need to send away to the Social Security administration (has a $29 fee when you do not know the SSN) - provide as much information as possible - they get back to you rather quickly.

Unfortunately there is not a public database of ssn numbers (due to so many privacy and identity theft issues in our day and age). These used to be available through a search on the SSA site but that ended a few years ago.

CLICK HERE For the PDF form to fill out to get the information.

Sorry there is not an "immediate" answer to your question. Please be sure to rate my response positively as that is the only way I receive any credit for my help today.

Have a wonderful rest of the week and all the best as you being your college journey.

I was just wanting to reach out to see if you needed any additional followup on this question. Feel free to reach out if needed.

When satisfied, be sure to rate my response so that I receive credit for my help on this question.

Have a wonderful week.