General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

My daughter needs help. Her cotton clothes are getting

Customer Question
My daughter needs help...

My daughter needs help. Her cotton clothes are getting holes. The exterminator said it is from moths. She had jeans on that didn't have holes when she put them on. While she was wearing them she noticed holes She doesn't know what to do. This has been going on since December.

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

She is getting really upset. She took clothes to the cleaners, put clothes in the dryer, emptied drawers, and cleaned everything. She has not been able to get help.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
2/13/2016
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Terrible to have this pest in your daughters closets and causing damage to her clothing. Using the exterminator and his experience would be a good start to fix the problem but understand that it can be expensive for his services. Moth balls can be effective but messy so here are ways in which to rid the home from these pests:

1. Tips from Readers Digest. From cleaning clothing to vacuum more often:

http://www.rd.com/home/cleaning-organizing/get-rid-of-moths/

2. Protecting clothing using cedar for example:

http://www.rd.com/home/cleaning-organizing/protect-your-clothing-from-moths/

3. Reviews of sprays, traps and repellents to try:

http://stoppestinfo.com/152-how-to-kill-moths-with-the-best-traps-sprays-and-repellents.html

I hope these tips can be helpful in ridding the clothing from these pests. Please take a moment if you can to rate my answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you and allow me to help other customers.

Michael