General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Thank You, I hope it works, but I would like to order a new…

Customer Question
thank You, ***** ***** it...
thank You, ***** ***** it works, but I would like to order a new floating magnet. And how do I take the old one out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
1/30/2016
Expert: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago
chester298

Hi again,

Please try this one before you buy a new floating magnet.

The way the unit works is to use a float in the water chamber with a magnet on the bottom. When their is enough water in the tank, the float rises and the magnet on the bottom floats to the top of the magnet chamber. When it floats up, it aligns with a sensor in the machine that allows the machine to operate. When the the water level lowers, so does the magnet and drops below the internal sensor disabling the machine with a "Fill Water Tank" error message.

To eliminate this error and allow the machine to operate, I simply popped off the lid to the magnet chamber with a butter knife and turned the water chamber up side down to let the magnet float fall out. Remember to empty the water first.

Here comes the highly technical part. Turn the magnet float upside down and slide it back into the float chamber. Since the actual magnet is on the bottom of the float it now is at the top allowing the internal sensor to turn off. No more error message!

The reason I do recommend this is because this completely defeats the purpose of the sensor and will most likely damage your machine if you run it without water. Keep you tank filled however and you will eliminate the frustration of a "float gone bad" keeping you from your morning caffeine.

Please let me know if this solution will remove your water fill error or not.

Hope it helps.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Expert: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago

I am just following up to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Please let me know,

Chester

Expert: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago

Hope it helps.