General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Quick question...lets say i was born on jan26 1961 at 9

Customer Question
Hey quick question...lets say i...
Hey quick question...lets say i was born on jan26 1961 at 9 pm....at ehat time exactly ill turn 55 due to the earth position that it was back then
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
1/27/2016
Expert: Michael Hannigan, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

The earth position at that time in terms of where it is in relation to the sun will be the same at 9PM on that date every year - so it would be at that exact time on that same day every year.

But i aksed the same,quetsion for another date they gave me a differnt answer...i just wanna know when exactly ill turn 55? As u know they change the hours and we have leap hears so it cnat be the same exact time!!

But it is. As you probably know, leap years exist to keep the synchronization of the earth in the sun's orbit. So the date is also adjusted for that specific purpose. If you define one year as the amount of time it takes for the earth to go around the sun once, then the exact date and time is indeed correct. If your definition of one year is 365 days (which would not be correct), then the day would be different.

Precisely, a year is 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds, or what we would consider 1.00007872 years.

So, you would be 55, exactly 55.0043296 years from the time of your birth. Which you might think initially, makes your birthday move further out - but then you have to factor in leap years, which cancels out the difference.

Sorry... miscalculation. 55 years old would be

20075 days plus

(5 hours 48 minutes 46 seconds) x 55 =

13.3209491 days

For a total of 20,088.3209491 days

the time will be differnet? Cause i aksed the same question from,the same site i got differnt answer

13.3209491 days is 13 days, 7.7 hours

Well, these are precise numbers. IT depends on how you want to calculate your birthday. That's the number of days you have to add. But to be accurate with a current calendar, you also have to factor in leap year which will end up accounting for that difference.

I cannot speak to what someone else told you.

55 Rotations of the earth around the sun - the least ambiguous definition I can think of for a year, takes 20,088.3209491 days

ehat ure telling me with all the calculations that u do its gonna he the same time ? 9 pm ?

Again, it's going to depend on how you look at it. This is why we have leap year. 1 year doesn't consist of an even amount of days.

It gets 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds later each year, but every 4 years, you subtract another 24 hours.

So, if you consider leap years, it actually gets 45 minutes earlier every four years.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant