Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

We have a Royal 487 nx...there is an"EE" error signal and we

Customer Question

we have a Royal 487 nx...there is an"EE" error signal and we can't figure out how to clear it
Category: General
Expert:  BestOne1943 replied 1 year ago.

I have to ask a question, how did you get into this error? Was the machine stored or operation normally? Are the batteries fresh? Do you have a manual? Sounds like a general error, but need more info.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in answer to your questions:

we're not sure what the cashier did to create the error...

the machine was operating normally

the machine is plugged in directly...does it need batteries as well?

I have a manual on line

About all you can do at this time is replace the batteries, while register is plugged in, check to see if there is a program reset procedure, usually it is done with the program key, you may have to start all over with the program as if you just took it out of the box.

If the batteries chose this time to die then this is the reason for the EE, in the manual there should be a troubleshooting section that will list the errors and their respective reasons. Check that and get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK..I'll replace the batteries..

I couldn't find anything in the manual for a "EE" error....just a single "E"

we actually don't use any of the programs..it is merely a fancy cash drawer...so there's nothing to reprogram. BUT, I did try the reprogramming solution and it didn't do anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can I speak with someone by phone?

I replaced the batteries...still the same issue....can you tell me what the "EE" error stands for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
can I speak with someone on the phone...***-***-****...ask for Bob

My phone # *****(###) ###-####

But before you call check the manual for a "IPL" procedure, Initial Program Load" or RAM CLEAR. Even the most basic program has to start somewhere. Usually this "Quick start" is what it needs .