General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Looking opening a Brinks model 5074 safe
, Its my mom's

Customer Question
Customer: Looking for help opening...
Customer: Looking for help opening a Brinks model 5074 safe
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its my mom's safe, she passed in December. I don't think anything of value is in it, but we don't the combination. Its an electronic lock (I guess with battery power) and the batteries are dead, or almost. We can only usually make one attempt, then try again days later.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: General
1/24/2016
Expert: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Honeywell (the parent company of brinks). They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.

You can get the form here:

http://honeywellsafes.com/UserFiles/ContentPageFiles/ORDER%20REPLACEMENT%20KEYS%20&%20COMBINATIONS.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

Best regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The information that you provided in your message is already available online (for free). I was hoping that you could give me the necessary information to actually open our safe.

I cannot, nor can anyone else.

I can only answer your question, as it was asked. No one can give you the code online, for obvious security reasons. The only possible ways to access it are through the above steps to get the code/key provided directly from the manufacturer, OR to take it to a locksmith to have the safe drilled out (destroys the safe, but gets your contents, and is immediate, costs about $50). I can help find a local locksmith, if you'd prefer that route.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Nathan, Engineer