General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Hand wheel won't turn, thread caught in hook raceway, Pfaff…

Customer Question
Hand wheel won't turn, thread...
Hand wheel won't turn, thread caught in hook raceway, Pfaff 1475.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
1/23/2016
Expert: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago
chester298

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, it sounds like you have timing issue. Please refer to my below solution to check/repair your machine.

Remove the bobbin case and bobbin., turn the machine so you can see the needle as it enters
the area where you removed the bobbin case. (for clarity, this area is commonly called
the hook and race area) as you turn the handwheel, you will see a curved or semi-circular
piece turning towards the needle. This part, called the hook will have a point on it
which should pass behind the needle approx. 1.5 to 3.0 mm above the eye of the needle.
If this is not the case then either the needle-bar or the hook are out of timing.
This applies to all sewing machines of any make or model. This can be a simple repair
if the needle-bar is too high or too low, but more difficult if the hook is incorrectly timed.

If the needle bar is out of time you can fix it yourself otherwise, hook timing is definitely a high level repair that needs a professional approach.

For needle bar height, remove the cover (face plate) then you will see the needle bar. There is a screw there that need to loosen in able to adjust higher or lower the the needle bar height.

Please note: Mark the original position of needle bar. If still persist, you have to send your machine to repair shop or dealer for fix the hook timing.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Expert: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago

I am just following up to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Please let me know,

Chester