General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

My sentry safe with a round lock and combination is stuck…

Customer Question
My sentry safe with a...
My sentry safe with a round lock and combination is stuck and won't allow me to close the safe. I used the key to pull out the additional locking mechanism. It won't push back in. The lock won't move. The handle won't move.
The safe is from 1997 and is a physical combination lock. It's about two feet wide and fifteen inches high. Very heavy.
This problem occurred recently. Somehow I got the mechanism to respond and revert into the open position.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
1/16/2016
Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
hi my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but if you could provide me with a little more info ...........model number......a picture would be helpful ......is it a key and keypad combination? have you ever done any maintenance? lubrication ?
How do I send a photo to you? It's an entirely mechanical round combination lock. Turn three times to the right past zero. Then begin to stop at the three combination numbers. On the left there is a handle to pull down when the combination had been completed. In addition there is a small round depressing safety key. It pushes in or out and releases the safety lock. The safe opens when the position is "out".
I have the number for Sentry. I'm inclined to call them directly. In that case, I certainly don't want to pay you. How do I opt out?
Hi ...............just do nothing certainly don't click any rating buttons.............but if you have WD-40 try spraying a little on the integral moving parts to the safe.............you might have to tap it here and there with a rubber mallet.........be carful not to close the door ...........see if that helps for now..........good luck
The dial spins and does not need oil.
All the other parts are INSIDE the door. This is a MECHANISM problem and I need someone who knows the Sentry safe.
I just offered you some free advice and didn't ask to be rated so you won't get charged .......you said the door was open and that you were going to call Sentry which is your prerogative
Ellen, Consultant