How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Hannigan Your Own Question
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 11697
Experience:  25+ Years in the field
Type Your Question Here...
Michael Hannigan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I moved my chairs I had to take the fluid out. Now I

Customer Question

When I moved my chairs I had to take the fluid out. Now I need to know how much to put back in the manual does not say what kind of flued to put in. It is a 1955 Emil paider.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Based on the Paider patent and the diagrams included in it, it appears that the reservoir is 10a on the diagram - middle right. Leading into that:

Below the piston 10, there is a hollow plug 15 threaded in the pump chamber which is closed at its bottom by a suitable cap 16 in threaded relation with the walls of the pump chamber. It will be noted that the plug 15 has a central passage 15a that terminates in an upper valve seat 17 and a restricted inlet port 18 at its upper end. Upon the bottom of the plug 15 there is a perforated plate 19 and upon the bottom of the piston there is a perforated plate 20 which extends over a recess 21 in the bottom of the piston that terminates in a valve seat.

So, I believe that is the fill port. It is difficult to know for sure from the patents, especially since this is from at least a decade before your chair. But it's not documented anywhere, so this is a start.


Related General Questions