chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

How do i remove the bobin winder assembly on a brother cs-80

Customer Question

how do i remove the bobin winder assembly on a brother cs-80 sewing machine
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome t Just answer.

Please follow this step on how to remove your bobbin winder assembly.

• The case halves are held together by 5 larger screws, one under the carry handle, obvious from the holes in the casing, plus one smaller screw up by the foot-raising lever.
  • There is also the final screw, which is a devil to find. You have to remove the plastic tray to which the spool carrier is attached, up by the spool winder. You do not need to remover the spool winder stop but the small screw on the left, in the bottom of the tray-shape.

Next, WITH CARE , lever round the tray with a thin blade and use a small screwdriver to ease it out of the case; there are 2 bits that stick out more than the rest.

• Once this tray is out you can see a small bar with a screw. Remove this screw and the 2 halves of the case will separate.

TAKE CARE NOT TO DROP THE SCREW INTO THE WORKS!. A piece of sticky-tack on the end of the screwdriver helps here if the screwdriver is not magnetized.

• Now you can carefully ease the ribbon-strip cable from the circuit board and move the case round to be able to access the screws that hold the circuit board. You do not need to pull out the other cables; just take a tad of care as you work.

The bobbin winder mechanism is held in by 1 screw - take this out and you can then easily replace the rubber drive ring -(which you have providently ordered)

• Take the opportunity to clear out any fluff and dust while you have the cases apart. Put ONE drop of oil in the center of the bobbin carrier rotating mechanism and one drop on any moving joints.
  • Replace the components/ ribbon cable in the reverse order, taking care not to drop the small screw! It is necessary to carefully line-up the hole into which it fits. It is surprising how easily the tray clips back into place, compared with the hassle you had getting it out.

I took both my CS 8080s apart last week to replace the drive rubbers. The first took nearly 1.5 hours, the next 1 hour as I knew what I was about.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...