How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chester298 Your Own Question
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 792
Type Your Question Here...
chester298 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am getting the error message New periods could not be

Customer Question

I am getting the error message New periods could not be assigned! Close Fiscal Year failed! Please recover from backup.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

We are in the business of repairing damaged Peachtree databases and have been seeing this problem for about three years now. What happens during a close is that the internal period number on all journal transactions has to be changed to correspond to the newly assigned period numbers. When the close process fails, the periods on transactions no longer agrees with the internal period table. The effect is that journal transactions seem to disappear, but they are actually found in a different period.

If you run Data Verification it will detect the problem and attempt to correct it, sometimes generating thousands of error messages in the data verification log file. However, Data Verification does not seem to fix the problem correctly and the database will continue to have problems.

If you get an error message that the close did not work properly or if you start a close, walk away for a while, and come back to see that Peachtree is no longer running, you should restore the backup and try again. However, apparently Peachtree sometimes does not give any indication that anything went wrong so problems are not noted until Peachtree has been used for a while. In this case you should have your database professionally repaired by a company that is familiar with correcting this problem.

Thanks for using Just answer/Pearl. Hope it helps.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand your response, this information is readily available. I needed a fix to this problem. How about we split the difference?

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

I am running out of idea so I am opted out. Maybe some other experts here experience that ind of trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please cancel this question. I no longer need assistance. I have found a solution elsewhere.

Thank you for your help

Related General Questions