Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

Bench Jeweler I'm looking good block to be able to use very

Customer Question

Bench Jeweler
I'm looking for a good block to be able to use very hot torch (acetylene & Oxygen) on sterling silver with stones. I want the best block so my stones aren't injured.
I have 2 at my disposal and could buy another if it's really best.
At my disposal I have LA-Co Block-It - Heat-Absorbing Paste and also Kool Jool by Gobet-Vigor. Which of these would you suggest and why? and do you know something that is markedly better than either of these?
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for letting me know someone is still working on it.

Nothing against you....I'm glad you tried....but Just Answer seems to have difficulty with my jewelry related questions. I wonder if they realize there might be a crack in that dam?

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I noticed nobody answered you. I think this is because nobody here is very familiar with jewelry. I can still help you (i know about acetylene oxygene for having working in places that use them to cut parts from large steel sheet metal) and i am good with physical propriety and materials. That said i would have to learn more about your typical workflow and the problems you detect in it.