chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

I'm getting a init error. Bobbin isn't performing properly

Customer Question

I'm getting a BM init error. Bobbin isn't performing properly and error messages won't clear up. Janome 6500P Also, feed dogs do't seem to go up and down.
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, Bm error means that stepper motor is not properly initialized. The problem is commonly the electronic control board that control the movement of stepper motor.

For our initial fix, we will try to reset the electronic components of your board. Unplug your machine at least 2 hours then plug in and power on your machine.

If this doesn't work, I'd take it to a dealer for repair (they might well have a loaner for you) -- the stepper motor initialization error says that one of the little motors controlling needle position hasn't got a clue about what to do, which is often a board fault.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester