Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

I'm trying to find out what my iq is? I have no idea. Is it

Customer Question

I'm trying to find out what my iq is? I have no idea. Is it in some type of database I can access through the internet?
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Unless you took a very specific test at one point, no it is not usually measured and the result are never kept for long unless a specific organization specializing in them handle it. In itself, those test are very subjective and no representative groups of experts agree on the results or the main definition of what the tests should be. It even change with time, a test you took at a certain age is no longer valid because the structure of your brain changed.

There is a lot of test online that could give you an idea of where you are, but those are just to give an idea. Most of the time they are closed boundary test not allowing you to answer in creative ways that the test writer did not imagined. This is why i see them as flawed because for them to have any validity the test writer should have a perfect IQ score and this never happen. They are very good to test logic and mathematical skill that said (but that is a very small subset of what is called intelligence).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Martin, the question I asked was "can I find out my iq from prior testing?" If you feel good about charging $21 to say 'no' and then add a couple of paragraphs about why it's not important, then I won't stop you. I don't care why it might not be important. I simply wanted to know the answer. But I would tell you that in your shoes if I could provide as little insight in answering my actual question as you did, I'd feel guilty as hell charging $21 bucks for it. By the way, I don't blame you for this -- if the answer isn't available, then it isn't available. So rating you poorly wouldn't be accurate, as I simply think you had nothing to work with. If it was me in that situation, I wouldn't feel comfortable accepting the $21. You can, I won't stop you, but I'll never use your service again.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

You are always free to pay or not and ask a refund on the deposit.

You are right into saying i have not much to work with. That is why i hinted at knowing if you knew if you took suck a test in the past at one point. Those are not standard procedure in schools and very simple test may be used as aptitude test to help you decide a carreer or to help professionals to detect kids needing special support but not the exaustive type of test used for IQ determination. IQ numbers can't be derived from simple academic result from class exam alone and as such, no the result would not be available.

Usually if you ever took such a test (sometime to see if you can skip a year or two because like i said, most kids never do) it would be kept into what most school call the "cummulative folder". Again, most school destroy this after around 5 years. You could always contact the school to see if they still have that record (very unlikely but it never hurt to try).