General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I have a Pfaff 1475 CD and have never had a problem with it

Customer Question
I have a Pfaff 1475...
I have a Pfaff 1475 CD and have never had a problem with it until now. The presser foot will not lower all the way down. I have had this machine for over 20 years and used it a lot. No dealer near me so I am desperate for help. Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
10/29/2015
Expert: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago
chester298

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

May I know if you are able to remove the top cover or access the presser foot mechanism inside?

Please let me know,

Chester

Sorry, I don't even see anyway to get it off. I am an old lady and not very good at anything complicated. I also just wanted this one time and did not check anything like a service period. I hope I won't get charged for continuing service after this time.

Expert: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago

Did you try to turn the lifter all the way and then all the way down repeatedly and see if there is a changes?

Yes, I have been trying for a couple of days with every thing I know and it just won't work. I can press it down by hand and that way it will be able to sew.

Expert: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago

That is usually cause of hardened or gummed up lubricant on your presser foot mechanism inside. This is not a major repair, you need a flat screw driver to pry off the face plate cover, hair blower and aerosol spray for sewing machine.

Did you wish to proceed?

Let me know

No, I do not feel that I am getting help that I paid for...sorry. I do not think I should have to pay so much for no help.

Expert: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago

I will help you to fixed your machine by giving you a instruction on how to.. We can't resolved your problem unless you done what I have suggested in you.

OK if that is your thought, just email our customer service on***@******.***

Ellen, Consultant