Christy M
Christy M, Career Counselor
Experience:  Regional Training and Employment Director
90115082
Type Your Question Here...

How can I get a copy of our social security amount letter? I

Customer Question

how can I get a copy of our social security amount letter for 2015? I need it for
a medical insurance problem
Category: General
Expert:  Christy M replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and thank you for your question! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

There are 3 different ways you can get the information that you need:

1. You can go online to www.ssa.gov and set up an account so you can access your social security information any time you need to. You will be asked a number of personally, identifying questions similar to when you pull a credit report online. Please be aware that if you answer 3 questions incorrectly, the system will lock you out for 24 hours because they do not want someone else trying to access your information.

2. You can also call their automated system at 1-***-***-****. The do not publish the phone numbers to their local offices but if you search online for the social security office in your city you might get a different number with a live person.

3. Finally, and probably the resort we all try to avoid, is you can go into your local office and request the information. An appointment is not necessary but you should be prepared for a short wait.

I would definitely recommend calling first as that might be the fastest way and secondly setting up an account online to avoid the wait that will likely come with going into the local office.

Again, thank you for your question and if there is anything additional I can help with just let me know. If not, please rate positively so I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again and have a great day!! :)

Christy

Expert:  Christy M replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I neglected to send you a rating scale for me, so I'm sending it now.

If I can assist you with anything else please let me know :).

Expert:  Christy M replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I have had the privilege of answering questions for you in the past and just wanted to touch base to see if there are any other ways I can assist you. I have close to 20 years of experience in human resources and career coaching which includes resume writing and critique, interview prep/mock interviews, job search/career transition assistance as well as business writing/communication, staff recruiting, onboarding, training and development. I also have extensive business, administration and research skills in a variety of areas.

You are always appreciated at Just Answer and if there is any way I can help you with any questions or challenges you are having, I would love to. Just post a new question and ask for me by name. I’ll be on the lookout for you and I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!!

Thanks again for the opportunity to work with you!

Christy