Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

How to open safe with key

Customer Question

How to open safe with key
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome!

What brand of safe do you have and what is the model number?

Does it have a key to open, only, or does it also have a combination?

Does the key have 'teeth' or is is round and hollow?

Thanks for all your additional information.

Best wishes,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sentry model csw3910 yes found key has combination batt dead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just want to get door open
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, and thanks for your very helpful reply.

If your batteries are dead, you will need to replace them with 4 AA alkaline or lithium for electronics batteries (do not use rechargeable). Here are the instructions to install the new batteries:

Turn the electric lock case to the right (clockwise) from

12 o’clock to 2 o’clock and remove. Insert four new batteries

as indicated, replace the electric lock case and turn to the left

to reassemble.

Try inserting new batteries first, and let me know if this enables you to open the door. Check the battery holder for any corrosion from rust or leaked battery acid. If you find this, carefully clean it out with some rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip.

If your key is round and hollow, use it first, to pop out the cylinder inside the lock by turning it to the right and then REMOVE the key before proceeding to enter your combination. After entering your combination, press the 'Prog/Enter' button and turn the handle down within 4 seconds.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher