Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Looking up any known facts about the ORLAND SOUTHSIDE

Customer Question

looking up any known facts about the ORLAND SOUTHSIDE IRRIGATION DISTRICT 'CONSTRUCTION BOND EXISTENCE AND WHAT THE VALUE BE ? THE ORLAND SOUTHSIDE IRRIGATION DISTRICT ESTABLISHED 1887 ORLAND CLAIFORNIA COLOUSA COUNTY , WITCH IS NOW IN GLENN COUNTY 2015 thank you very much for any information you can give me
Mat XXXXXXXX e mail XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mat,

Very interesting question you have asked about this particular district. Went ahead this afternoon to conduct some research on this very district that I hope can be of some help to you.

1. This report on page 227 reports that the district was formed January 14, 1888. Voted 100,000 worth of bonds but failed to complete the project:

https://books.google.com/books?id=xjVEAQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

2. Many mentions in Dept of Interior reports list the 100,000 worth of bonds but none were sold:

Page 23

https://books.google.com/books?id=rUwMAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

3. More on how the district was abandon within a short time:

"The Orland Irrigation District was organized September 10, 1887, under the "Wright law," being the first district to be organized in the county. The district embraced about fourteen thousand acres of land, lying in Colusa and Tehama Counties, on the north side of Stony Creek. This district was later abandoned, owing to opponents of the measure, and, August 20, 1888, the Kraft Irrigation District organized, leaving out those in opposition to the measure and including two thousand acres of land which the owners desired in the district."

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cagha/history/colusa/colusa-chapter-11-irrigation.txt

4. The Orland Historical and Cultural Society might also be of some help if you have not already spoke to them already:

https://www.facebook.com/Orland-Historical-Cultural-Society-566441600156280/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if no bond were issued or sold then what would be the value as far as this that basically is the only one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I contact him on line
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Not a financial expert but would advise then to check with a local bank or financial institution to see of any value does exist. From what I have read on this, bonds were offered but never followed up with. A financial representative within a bank should be able to research and give a value if any.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is its value for something that didn't seem to exist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You don't seem to be a very good expert if you can't tell something that I already know , only a expert in these can tell that and not a financial institutions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the museum and local libarys only have information that I have gave them
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

My guess would be that the bonds may not have a worth attached to them as the project could not have been completed. If you though have a bond, I would recommend that you check with a local financial institution to see if any value is listed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have given me nothing this service is terible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are no expert sir
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Sorry that my help was not was you expected. Let me then go ahead and opt-out for another expert to possibly assist.

Have a great day.

Librarian Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like my money back I can tell you more about L p Bremen that was one of two men that signed this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you