chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

My Saeco Minuto Model HD8772 will not complete the descaling

Customer Question

My Saeco Minuto Model HD8772 will not complete the descaling cycle, and is stuck in the rinse mode. I have just kept running water through it, as that seems to be the only advice. I have seen the repair manual, and have run test mode to check that the water sensor is functioning - it is. I have literally run 17 gallons of water through this machine. How do I get it out of this descaling cycle?
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Is this your first time to descale your machine? Did you try to press the upper right button to quit the rinsing cycle?

Let me know,

Chester

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, it has been descaled before. It has run through the cycle, and finished with a rinse. When it comes to 'no water' indicator after pushing through the tank, then it finishes. This time it never comes to the 'no water' indicator. In fact, it just keeps pushing water so that I have to keep adding it. Otherwise the pump runs dry.

Of course I have tried pushing the steam/hot water button to cancel. It will not.

Hi, Thanks for your response.

As you mention, you already try to do a test mode but it looks like good on it. You know sometimes faulty sensor is good in test mode but failed on the actual operation because on test mode only the specific testing is functional. On normal operation, all parts are working so the voltage on sensor is possibly drop than test mode operation.

In addition, try to check the sensor connection JP23 of your main cpu board. Remove then reconnect it also press other connectors there. You can also check your firmware if it is updated, update it if not.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

May I know what is the embroidery software you are using and what version?

Please let me know,

Chester

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what you mean by embroidery software or or version. I don't know how I'm supposed to update the firmware on an espresso machine. I don't have the programming connector as I'm not a service center. That's the whole reason I'm seeking an answer here.

Wrong sent for embroidery software Sorry.

On firmware, I just want you to check the version if not updated that is the possible cause. Of course, the firmware update is done by the authorized Philips/Saeco repair center.

However, based on my experience that kind of problem is cause of faulty sensor and its connection or main board. Please refer to my previous answer.

Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester