Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

What happens when someone accidentally drops off a Fed-Ex

Customer Question

What happens when someone accidentally drops off a Fed-Ex envelope at the post office?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question.

Typically, all of the major carriers have agreements with each other that they will generally notify the correct carrier to retrieve the package, and where a package is local, they may even simply provide delivery themselves directly, if they are able (though where tracking is involved, this may become tricky) Some other services may even subcontract to the others for specific purposes.

It is difficult to say there is a 'standard operating procedure' in this situation, because specifics can vary. If you can call your post office or go back to it, to let them know that you accidentally dropped off this letter for Fed-Ex, they might be able to find it and may reassure you that they will ask Fed-Ex to pick it up from them.

I hope all works out well!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to if you need additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

I'm just checking in to find out what ended up happening with the Fed-Ex item that was accidentally dropped off at the Post Office.

I hope you found my answer helpful and if so, please take a moment to rate with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive credit for my help. Thank you so much!

If you need more information, just click Reply.

Warmest regards,

Cher