How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 16284
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking 3rd party liability insurance property and

Customer Question

I am looking for personal 3rd party liability insurance for my property and home?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Went ahead to research some various Canadian insurance companies that you can inquire with further about rates and coverage for your property and home.

1.Rodgers Insurance:



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They all require home owners insurance I am looking for third party liability insurance for property and home alone, not an add on.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Here are other insurance companies to inquire with in terms of having this type of insurance with no add on:
1. Johnson:
2. Trusted Choice:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Instead of telling me of insurance companies to enquire of, I have been looking, tell me one that will.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Afraid that I have been unable to locate anything specific as many of these insurance companies I believe offer third party insurance separate from a regular policy. Will then opt-out for another expert who might know more about insurance to possibly assist.


Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.
May I ask what exactly is this insurance needed for. For example is this a rental property that you are trying to insure? Any other related details may help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want personal third party liability insurance for my property and my home to protect me from any accidents that could happen to some hired help, or some one visiting. I own the property and live year round there.
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to help you.
Have you talked to your regular insurance agent about your needs?
The reason I ask is that liability insurance is part of all homeowners' insurance policies. If you feel that you need more liability coverage, the policy can usually contain a clause increasing the amount of liability for which you are covered. Of course, this results in an increase in the premium. They can also write for an umbrella policy (up to a million dollars usually) that will cover anything over and above your usual homeowners'/liability policy.
I understand that you want to be protected in case something happens to someone on our property, but your own insurance agent is your best resource. If your current homeowners' insurance is insufficient, they can work with you to create an amount that makes you comfortable within your budget. There is no way that an outsider can determine what a company is prepared to write for any individual situation.
Please let me know if you have questions.
All the best,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What homeowner's insurance, I don't have any homeowners insurance, last I checked they would not insure time before that it was $2,600. I have work on house to do before I apply again and need to hire helper. Do you know where I can get said insurance?
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Only a certified insurance agent can tell you what is or is not available for your particular situation. Any tradesmen you hire should have their own insurance though. If they are hurt on your property, their insurance pays.

All the best,



Related General Questions