General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

How do I register my address

Customer Question
How do I register my address
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
8/7/2015
Expert: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 2 years ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Hello, and welcome!

Do you want to register a new address with the United States Postal Service (USPS) because you've never had an address in the U.S. before?

Do you want to register a change of address, because you are moving?

If you can provide more details, it will help me give you the most accurate answer.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Cher

Hi again,

I was hoping to hear back from you with some additional information, but I'll send my answer now, and and you can always 'reply' if you need further help.

If you need to fill out a change of address form because you're moving, you can do this online, at the Post Office or by mail. You will need to fill out PS Form 3575 and you can see how to fill out this form with the video, below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPOD_BIYAHY

Here is a link to the online form; just follow the directions: CLICK

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Sorry, I had an emergency. The property in question isXX XXX, Orinda, Ca. XXX. It is new construction. A family with 3 children is renting it for 15 months and the school supposedly checks information according to the Registrar as part of the residency process for which my client submitted yesterday. Unfortunately according to the post office the address is not yet registered. The family needs this done asap so the kids can start school.

Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry you had an emergency and hope everything is okay!

I understand the situation. If the family can show a lease or rental agreement to the Post Office, this will verify that they are living there legally, and they can put all family members names on the form for a new/change of address; however, they obviously lived elsewhere, before they moved to this rental, so a change of address form should also be filled out so their mail can be forwarded to the Estates Court, CA address, now.

I'm assuming you're the landlord (owner of the property?). If you have not yet registered the new address with the Post Office, follow these instructions:

(you will need a copy of your land deed)

1. Compile a file folder containing all of your information. Include copies of your land deed and two official forms of personal identification. Be sure to include all the pages of your deed, as they contain longitude and latitude information that is used to calculate your property to "put it on the map." Modern deeds may also have precise Global Positioning System (GPS) data for your property.

2. Make a trip to the United States Post Office nearest you, and tell the clerk you would like to speak with the Postmaster about registering a mailing address for your newly built property.

3. Provide the Postmaster with your property information. You may receive official forms to fill out, so you can fill in much of this information yourself. Fill them out completely and give them to the Postmaster, who will then make copies of your deed and title documents.

4. File any copies of paperwork given to you for your records. Ask the Postmaster how long it will be before mail will start being delivered to your address. In most cases, after registration delivery can begin almost immediately, while in some areas there may be a delay of one or more weeks.

5. Set up a federally approved mailbox on the front of your home or by the entrance to your driveway or walkway so it will be ready when the mail delivery begins--otherwise your mail will not be dropped at your location.

I hope this helped you further.

Warmest wishes,
Cher

Hi again,

I just added some further information to my last answer, after you had read it, so please go back and read it again.

Thanks,
Cher

Hi again,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.
I hope you found the information in my answer helpful; if so, please let me know. Thank you!
If you need any additional information or have further concerns, please don't hesitate to ask me by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will answer as soon as possible.
I appreciate the opportunity to be of help to you!
Warmest wishes,
Cher
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs