chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Hoover SteamVac Supreme and it is not sucking up the

Customer Question

I have a Hoover SteamVac Supreme and it is not sucking up the solution. The model number is ***** so it is an older model. Help...4 sq. ft of my carpet is soaked. Ariel

please call when you have an answer. Thanks!

Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to just answer Ariel. Initially, that is the most common problem of F5800 series. Usually, the lid is not fully seated on the dirty water tank. make it sure to hook the two tabs on the front of the lid, and then snap the rear latch into place. Still, other reason is that the duct on the front of the dirty water tank is missing. The duct may have been removed to install the hose, and was not put back in place. It is a square plastic piece, about the size of a slice of sandwich bread, which slides into the front of the tank. A far less common reason for no pick-up is that the seal that the tank sits on has fallen off the motor cover suction tube. You will see a round tube on the bottom of the dirty water tank. This sits on top of a large rubber seal on the motor cover when the tank is in place. Be sure the seal has not fallen down into the hood. Hope this information will be helpful.IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...
Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester