How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 109
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an Australian residence but I come from Ghana

Customer Question

I am an Australian residence but I come from Ghana in the west Africa. and I need a help of how to go about this.
is my brother in law who uses to live in Italy for many years and pass away 9years ago. he left the wife and son back in Africa. the are wondering how can they get his entitlement that country.
if any lawyer can help us. this my email***@******.*** then we can start from there.
thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 years ago.
From what you say above, your brother in law was a resident of Italy and passed away 9 years ago. Unless he acquired Italian citizenship there, this gives his wife and his son no entitlement whatsoever to live in that country now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He wasn't illegal migrate, but an Italian residence which he has come from Italy many times to Ghana and gone back again.

Then what happens to his bank account savings in that country. And his long years service at work. There must be way to be able to get this.

Is there any organization we can contact to find out what we can do please. Thank.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

And if he is a citizen how should we go about it.