Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

I am an Australian residence but I come from Ghana

Customer Question

hello,
I am an Australian residence but I come from Ghana in the west Africa. and I need a help of how to go about this.
is my brother in law who uses to live in Italy for many years and pass away 9years ago. he left the wife and son back in Africa. the are wondering how can they get his entitlement that country.
if any lawyer can help us. this my email***@******.*** then we can start from there.
thank you.
Category: General
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 years ago.
From what you say above, your brother in law was a resident of Italy and passed away 9 years ago. Unless he acquired Italian citizenship there, this gives his wife and his son no entitlement whatsoever to live in that country now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He wasn't illegal migrate, but an Italian residence which he has come from Italy many times to Ghana and gone back again.

Then what happens to his bank account savings in that country. And his long years service at work. There must be way to be able to get this.

Is there any organization we can contact to find out what we can do please. Thank.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

And if he is a citizen how should we go about it.