General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I Need Chinese Writing on Old painting Translated...

Customer Question
I Need Chinese Writing on...

I Need Chinese Writing on Old painting Translated... The photos I took of the entire painting I cannot use because of the reflections over the glass.  It is a large old painting on silk, any translation on  the writing or red seal marks would be helpful.

Thank you!

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: General
Answered in 1 day by:
6/23/2015
Expert: Mr. Gregory White, Teacher replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Hello, my name is Greg.

I am attempting to continue to work on this but what I am seeing right now as I run through my translation software is not really coming together as anything coherent.

Do you know the age of this document?

Thank you for taking mu question. No, it is old, but I don't know it's exact age.

Okay, let me research this today and I will get back to you with what I am able to decipher.

Thank you very much.

I really wish I could help more but the types of translations I am getting do not make sense. Either it is a dialect of some sort or one that really is not used any longer. I will continue to seek out this translation but also going to open up for other experts in case someone can help as well.

I have spent several hours on this at this point and just not sure I am going to really be able to get your answer and so apologize for that (hate it when that happens).

All the best to you... again, I will get back if I can track this down.

I really appreciate your effort and your taking on a challenge! Thank you very much!

Expert: Martin, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Engineer
Hi. Too bad this is not in Japanese i would be able to help better because i can't read Chinese, so i will do a translation based on automated tool (better than nothing). It look like an information notice (having more info on the context would help) from what i can make of it, so it would be something like: The Green Temple will be shut down for 5 month to barbarians (foreigners). This is incomplete but may give you an idea of what this is about.Perhaps that temple http://www.chinahighlights.com/xian/attraction/qinglong-temple.htmThere is also a mention about swine or hog, so it was perhaps a quarantine for an influenza outbreak at the temple or to protect the temple from one.
Martin, Engineer