How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Hannigan Your Own Question
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  25+ Years in the field
Type Your Question Here...
Michael Hannigan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you change your address from a business to a personal

Customer Question

how do you change your address from a business to a personal address this has happened before
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. If your dress is marked as a commercial address, that's something that you would have to talk with the postmaster about in your area.
However, if they simply have your name and address recorded as a business name and address, then you can simply file a residential change of address form. This is often used in the case where many practitioners of a medical office leave or change address or retire and they must change their address from a business to a residential address. However, this is not something that can usually happen on a residential address. If it does, I would talk to your local postmaster about it because they are the person that has the final decision on how to rectify it. It's unlikely that someone other than the postmaster will be able to correct it.