Andy_PhD_DABT
Andy_PhD_DABT,
58853142
Type Your Question Here...

PLEASE HELP! How can End Stage renal disease effect drug testing,

Customer Question

PLEASE HELP! How can End Stage renal disease effect drug testing, and/or could any of my medications or lack of cause false positive results? I currently take the following meds:
Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Nifedipine ER, Doxazosin Mesylte, Fluoxtine HCL, Renvela. I have about 6% function of 1 kidney, but have been able to go off dialysis and sustain for aprox 9mo.
Category: General
Expert:  Andy_PhD_DABT replied 2 years ago.

As you probably know the kidneys help remove waste and drugs from the body, so kidney disease would reduce the speed a drug is removed from the body, so that if you had taken drug that normally would leave your body in two, it may still be in your body after that two days. This could lead to a false positive at the time the sample was taken, though it would not cause a false positive if you had never taken the drug they say you took.

Can you tell me what they say you tested positive for? What kind of test was this and do you know if you are being told it's positive because of an immunoassay or from a confirmatory test, such as a GC/MS or HPLC/MS test?

Take care,