JACUSTOMER-3k10a4de-
JACUSTOMER-3k10a4de-,
61352503
Type Your Question Here...

I had a welder come out to a commercial location and weld support

Customer Question

I had a welder come out to a commercial location and weld support for a new roof top unit. The welds look sloppy and bad. Do these welds need to be redone or are they okay?
Category: General
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-3k10a4de- replied 2 years ago.
I will assume these welds are fillets and as such should appear like a series of nickels laid out in a row each successive nickel slightly overlapping the next nickel in line. The edges should be smooth to the their respective edges with not undercut and very little overlap. Picture a finished application of silicone around the edges of your bath tub.
If they look ropey or irregular then they are bad welds and should be redone3.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is what they look like.
If you did not get my reply that man is not a welder at all. Fire him and find a certified structural welder to do the job right. Discontinue ant structural work the weld is not safe!!!!