chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

Burned out motor, footfeed was accidentally partially depressed

Customer Question

Burned out motor, footfeed was accidentally partially depressed for several hours. I awoke to the smell of electrical overheat. The machine head was too hot to touch. No signs of heat damage to the machine. But motor will not run.. I live in Campbell, CA.
Carolyn Kelley,***@******.***,(###) ###-####
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need 'rewind of the copper winding in the motor?? or new motor?

I live in Campbell, CA, and need to know where to take my machine to get it repared..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I live in Campbell, CA and just want to get my 1968 Elna Supert sewing machine repaired. The foot feed was accidentally partially depressed, causing the motor to be engaged but not run.. result the head was too hot to touch.. the rest of the machine appears to have no damage.. the motor wont run.. so I assume it is burned out.. maybe only the copper winding.. I would like advice as to where to take it..

Carolyn Kelley

Thanks for your response.
Try phone this companies.
Koffler
San Leandro, CA 94577
Tel.(###) ###-####
Herold & Mielenz, Inc.
Sacramento, CA###-##-####
Tel.(###) ###-####
Palo Alto Electric Motor Corp.
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Tel.(###) ###-####
Hope it helps.
IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,3-5 rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...
Hi
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Chester