How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 109
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an antique dresser (200 years old), that has a big

Customer Question

I have an antique dresser (200 years old), that has a big white spot where the wood finish was stripped away. I think it was from something acidic: either nail polish remover, contact lens solution or 409 cleaner. It's more or less the size of a dollar
bill, like 3" by 2". Anyway, I want to fix it to make it look "new." This spot is on the top, so I wouldn't need to fix the whole thing. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Could you post a picture of the dresser and a tighter shot of the top so I can see what you mean?You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like OR https://www.dropbox.comand post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service..