Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Sub vet, motorcycle enthusiast, Harley mechanic, father of 4 beautiful girls, educated in electronics and nuclear technology.
11090168
Type Your Question Here...

Going out of town for 3 weeks and no one can water all of my

Going out of town for 3 weeks and no one can water all of my indoor plants. Is there a wick system that works or what can you suggest?
there is a system that claims to keep the plants hydrated for 2 weeks.
would that work for you?

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, 2 weeks is better than nothing
Amazon has these for $12. http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Globes-AG011706-Watering-2-Pack/dp/B000FHAJ90

you can copy and paste link into a browser or search "plant watering bulbs".

Sears sells something similar for around $5.

you fill them with water and insert them, upside down, into the planter. the contents of the bulb will trickle out over time, keeping the plants watered for at least 2 weeks. if the plants are well watered when the bulbs are inserted, they will last at least 2 weeks.

Steve