Ehab Tutor
Ehab Tutor, Software Engineer
Experience:  BCS American Uni Cairo, very good math skills, excellent internet searcher,Bus. Minor,Business Owne
13535664
Type Your Question Here...

NY SAT Test Scores - Can I pick the highest score for the Subject

NY SAT Test Scores - Can I pick the highest score for the Subject on Different Exam dates? Please provide links with your reply.

Sep 2013 Math=550, Critical Reading=650, Writing=750, Total=1950
Nov 2013 Math=750, Critical Reading=550, Writing=650, Total=1950
Dec 2013 Math=650, Critical Reading=750, Writing=550, Total=1950

Example:
For Math the Nov 2013 is highest with 750
For Critical Reading the Dec 2013 is highest with 750
For Writing the Sep 2013 is highest with 750

On each exam date the total is 1,950.
If I pick the highest on SEPARATE exam dates the Total is 2,250

I looked at http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-score-choice but it is confusing.

ehabtutor :

Hi

ehabtutor :

It would be my pleasure to help you

ehabtutor :

your question is answered on the link you provided on the last section: under this question: Does Score Choice allow students to choose individual section scores to send?

ehabtutor :

Students are only able to select which scores they send by test date for the SAT and by individual test for SAT Subject Tests™. Scores from an entire SAT test are sent. Students can choose, by test date (test sitting), which scores appear on the score report sent to colleges, universities or scholarship programs.

ehabtutor :

so the conclusion is that if you are sending the test result for SAT it is sent by date and not by subject

ehabtutor :

In case you are sending SAT subject tests, you can send scores by individual test

Customer:

Hence the confusion, can I send individual HIGHEST scores?

ehabtutor :

If the admission for the college allows for SAT subject tests submission

ehabtutor :

score choice for subject tests is by individual test, not date. So long as you're not using those 4 free score reports (which you obviously aren't), you can pick and choose which tests to submit.

ehabtutor :

Score Choice is available to all students, and you can use it to hide any SAT score from any date (you can't hide specific sections) or any Subject Test score (regardless of whether it was on the same day as another test that you want to actually send). Some schools, however, do not want their applicants to use Score Choice, so check each school's Web site.

ehabtutor :

so you can actually send the 3 SAT test scores from the 3 different dates and each time hide the two with the low scores. But this all depends on wether the school you are applying to allows score choice in their policy or they require you to send all SAT scores.

ehabtutor :

I hope i was able to clarify the issue.

ehabtutor :

If you need any further explanation let me know. Please take a minute to leave me a positive feedback. A bonus will be highly appreciated