Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Hi, my name isXXXXX had a question if hospitals were allowed

Hi, my name isXXXXX had a question if hospitals were allowed and did give out chemical castrations or orchiectomy's. I really am unfamiliar with this and would greatly appreciate some more information.
Hello, Kent and welcome!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Hospitals are allowed and do perform chemical castrations or orchiectomies for various reasons. One of those reasons may be for sex reassignment or transgender surgery. It may also be done in cases of prostate cancer. Here is more detailed information:
http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/orchiectomy-1

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Please do not rate negatively if you still need information. Just click "Reply" instead. Thank you!

If you found my answer helpful, a Positive Rating and Positive feedback on the survey, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thank you so much. I read the article you sent me, and I think I need to be more specific with the procedure that needs to take place. I am a Christian. And as a choice for my faith I'm deciding to get a procedure which should remove my sexual desire. That is the sole purpose. It's for spiritual reason, particularly as I do not want to mess anything up.

The orchiectomy noted that loss of sexual desire was simply a potential side effect or "risk", and not the idea behind getting an oriectomy in the first place- which is my desire. Do you know of a procedure, or medicine I could take, which would aid me in my request: to lose all sexual desire?

Hi again, Kent and you're most welcome.

Your positive rating is truly appreciated!

I understand your dilemma and thank you for your further explanation. Since I am not a doctor, I'm unable to answer your question regarding a specific procedure or medicine you could take for the purpose you describe; I can only provide you with general information, according to the original information included in your question.

May I recommend that you ask this question re: a procedure or medication, in our Medical Category, and then you will receive an answer from a doctor. Just go to our list of categories and click on 'Medical'.

I wish you the best of luck!

Warmest wishes,
Cher