General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

My naturally grey/silver hair color has changed over time.

The hair has become more...
My naturally grey/silver hair color has changed over time. The hair has become more like a brillo pad in texture and has lost much of its silver sheen. An old beautician I had (no longer in the country) used to put a "paste" of peroxide and something on my wet hair and leave it for about 10 minutes and then shampoo it out. The difference was incredible! I have tried the drugstore/salon shampoos for grey hair and they do absolutely nothing. I'm trying to recreate that formula my beautician used or something else that will lift the white tones and restore the shine to the darker grey hair. Any thoughts?
10/2/2013
lisalkawecki
lisalkawecki, Teacher
Good morning,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you with the information that you require. I have some suggestions that you could use and benefit from. I will type that information for you right now and have it posted for you in a few minutes.

LisaSmile

Hello Abdul,

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you today. The following is the information that you requested.

The main problem is that your hair is lacking in certain nutrients that it needs to have that healthy look that you want. When you mentioned that your hair has become more like a “Brillo pad in texture and has lost much of its silver sheen”, I knew exactly what to recommend to you.

There is a relatively new line of products out that will help you with exactly what you need. The products are by Peter Coppola and there is an entire line made specifically for your needs, the “Peter Coppola Keratin Concept Keratin”. I actually started using these products two years ago and they are the only items that actually work. They are a line of products that have Keratin in them. This is used for women who want to straighten their hair, take out the friz, make it healthy, smooth and soft and make it shine. I have dark, thick hair and this is the only product in my life that puts smoothing ingredients in my hair and makes it look shinny, smooth and silky. ( I tried Aveda products and their is no comparison!!)

There are two ways to go about using these products.
1. You could make an appointment at a salon that uses the Keratin products and get a smoothing treatment. This will last in your hair for 3 - five months. I recommend doing this because it will last for several months, does not cost that much, and your hair will not only be smooth and silky, but your grey / silver hair will have a permanent shine. In addition, the only maintenance required is that you need to use the Coppola Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner when you wash your hair. This is available in salons, Target, Walmart, and online.

2. If you do not want to pay for a treatment, you could simply purchase the Coppola Keratin Shampoo and leave in conditioner. The only difference is that it takes a few applications to get your hair to the condition that you want.

Once again, the products are:

Keratin Concept, by Peter Coppola

There are two lines:
1. The “Legacy Collection” for all hair types
2. The “Blondest Collection” for color perfecting to brighten and de-brass silver, grew or highlighted hair.

Again, you can get these products in most salons, in the above mentioned stores, and on line at www.petercoppola.com/

It was a pleasure being able to assist you today. If you need anything else or have any further questions, feel free to contact me.

Please remember to click one of the top three icons, as this is the only way that I get paid.

Have a great Wednesday,
Lisa
Kiss

Lisa, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX specifically looking for a mixture that uses peroxide (or somebody said something about vinegar) to make the white hair I have even whiter (it's not yellow - just dull). Can you think of anything other than the Peter Coppola (which I couldn't find in my local stores)?

The Peter Coppola line, "Blondest Collection" is specifically designed to make the white hair even whiter. You do not have a Target or Walmart in your area?

The problem with peroxide is that the major negative element with it is that it makes the hair very dry, which is what you are experiencing. If you use any type of peroxide mixture, expeciallywith vinegar, your hair will be VERY dry over time. That is why any product with Keratin will achieve both of your objectives, enhancing your color and smoothing and conditioning the hair.

If you are unable to find Peter Coppola, any brand, such as Redkin, Nexxus, and Vidal Sasson, just to name a few, works, it just needs to say that it has Keratin. That makes it accessible in any local Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart, and always online. The affordability is even greater.
lisalkawecki
lisalkawecki, Teacher
Hello Abdul,

Thank you for the opportunity to be able to offer you assistance with your hair care question. It was a pleasure working with you. If you need any further assistance in the future, feel free to request me simply by typing, "For Lisa K." before the question.

If you have any questions in the future about the Keratin products, feel free to contact me.

Have a wonderful day,
Lisa K.
lisalkawecki
lisalkawecki
lisalkawecki, Teacher