Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  30 years of Experience in Financial and Life Planning, which encompasses Tax, Law, Finance, behavioral change and leadership
1929974
Type Your Question Here...

Can you hunt on R-1 property in California.

NPVAdvisor :

NPVAdvisor :

In looking a the CA code, there are no zoning restrictions that prohibit hunting per se ... THe zoning regulations have more to do with how the areas can be developed

NPVAdvisor :

Hoowever, here's one law that does "overlap."

NPVAdvisor :

(a) It is unlawful for any person, other than the owner, person in possession of the premises, or a person having the express permission of the owner or person in possession of the premises, to hunt or to discharge while hunting, any firearm or other deadly weapon within 150 yards of any occupied dwelling house, residence, or other building or any barn or other outbuilding used in connection therewith. The 150-yard area is a “safety zone.”

(b) It is unlawful for any person to intentionally discharge any firearm or release any arrow or crossbow bolt over or across any public road or other established way open to the public in an unsafe and reckless manner.

NPVAdvisor :

This is from: Cal.Fish & G.Code § 3004 ... § 3004. Shooting near building; safety zone; shooting over or across public road or way open to public

NPVAdvisor :

Here are the other areas of the CA fish and Game code .. but the statute above is the one that most closely relates Huntin and location or type of land

NPVAdvisor :
NPVAdvisor :

There are also lots of restrictions around things like Wildlife Conservation Law, Wetlands. Capture and Transport, Tribal Agreements, and many many others

NPVAdvisor :

But Nothing in the code is related DIRECTLY to how the land is zoned

NPVAdvisor :

Hope this helps

NPVAdvisor :

Lane

NPVAdvisor :

(let me knows if you have questions)

NPVAdvisor :

... still don't see you coming into the chat.... so I'll move us to the "Q&A mode ... Maybe that will help

NPVAdvisor :

But again, let me know if yo have questions at all

NPVAdvisor :

Lane

Thanks much for the rating!

If you’d like to work with me again, say “For Lane only …” at the beginning of your question.

Thanks again,

Lane