General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

WHAT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST METAL DETECTOR FOR USE ON BOTH LAND

AND IN THE WATER...
WHAT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST METAL DETECTOR FOR USE ON BOTH LAND AND IN THE WATER
6/18/2013
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Hello. My name is Michael. I'm an avid hobbyist and have a tendency to research my hobby-related purchases to death before acquiring something - it's part of the hobby to me. And this item is no exception. If I understand your needs correctly, I was in the market for basically the same thing... I do mostly dry land, but I needed something waterproof so I could also seach in shallow water. If you are looking for something for complete submersion in water for diving, that would be different from the unit I am going to recommend - but if that's the case, let me know and I will adjust the information. My opinion is not based on any advertising of any sort, and I know what you mean by getting all that clutter in your way when you are looking into something like this. I'm not sure why that is, actually, but it's annoying.

I would look at the "Garrett AT Pro" because it's a great dry land detector with the added benefit of being waterproof.
Garrett AT Pro

It's also reasonably priced. However, there ARE better metal detectors, some of which were out of my price range - otherwise I would have one of them. For a truely wet/dry metal detector take a look at the Minelab CTX:

Minelab CTX 3030 Standard Pack Metal Detector with GPS Rechargeable3228-0101

In fact, if you need something completely submersible, that you will also use on land, then Minelab is your best bet.

There are other technologies, as well that wouldn't fit your classical description of a metal detector that are very expensive and generally geared toward very specific uses. For best all-around, the two above, in my opinion, are the best.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Minelab CTX 3030 Standard Pack Metal Detector with GPS Rechargeable 3228-0101

Hi William,

I'm just following up with you to see how things are going. Did you receive my information regarding the detectors OK? If you still need help, please don't hesitate to ask. If I have been helpful, I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX moment of your time to provide a positive rating on my answer. It's an important part of the process since since it determines whether we are compensated for helping. A favorable rating does not result in an additional charge. If you've done that by the time you receive this, THANK YOU!

If you have any other questions in the future, please don't hesitate to stop by and ask. You can request me specifically by going to my profile page and entering the question there.
[URL]http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-answers/[/URL]

You can also put my name in the question to make sure it gets routed to me. It's been a pleasure working with you.

Thank you!

MICHAEL ONE LAST QUESTION ( I PROMISE ) IS THE GARRETT GOOD OR BETTER THAN THE PRO THANKS BILL

I don't mind. I love this stuff.

Do you mean the Garrett vs the Minelab? The Pro is the name of the Garret Model.

NO MIKE ITS CALLED THE GARRETT METAL DETECTOR GTI 2500 PRO PACKAGE AND IS ABOUT $900.00

So I think your question is whether the Garrett AT Pro that I mentioned above is better than the Garret GTI 2500 Pro Package.

One of the detectors I mentioned above is also a Garrett Pro, but it's the Garret AT Pro. The one you refer to here is:Garrett Metal Detector GTI 2500 Pro-Package Special Plus 5 Accessories

Between the two, I would get the GTI 2500 Pro. Originally, I was trying to give you a couple of different price points, but if you don't mind the extra money the GTI2500 pro has some additional functionality and it's more rugged.

MIKE YOU HAVE BEEN AWESOME. JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY ARE YOU FROM BERGEN COUNTY N.J

No. I do like the area, but I am not too far away. I am in Rhode Island.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant